Sunday, January 24, 2016

Weekend Running... sometimes pictures say it better than words, it was a great weekend of runs!!!!

Frozen Mississippi River in the Background, through the absolute silence you could only hear the heavy groans of the ice sheets rubbing together against the Mississippi current.. the Mighty Miss always has a way of putting things in perspective...

Pictures don't do it justice, the Iowa prairie lands in the winter are just spectacular! 

An old abandoned farmstead just off the trails, the back side has a bench overlooking the valley, it's incredible to say the least and one of the few places in the world I consider my true "Fortress of Solitude"... a lot of well spent time here reflecting...


Ears flapping as she hustles along... Lucy is a beast!!  Starting to understand the capability of a Whippet to be a kick-ass running partner... and I've never had anyone give me more crap for falling behind haha

This section of trails is so far away from any roads its dead silent in winter...
 I respectively chose to sing some David Bowie and a little Eagles... sorry Lemmy!

"Selfie in Stride" with my Action Cam...
showing off my Simple Hydration bottle that I'm very proud to represent!


Messing with the Camera before Bill and I take off for another great Sunday Run!


Yeah... it's a random heel strike photo...this is what you get 16 miles in going uphill!


Someone needs to work on his photo staging!
Wearing my favorite shoes that were re-laced before my last marathon in December because I forgot to bring Lucy (above) for a training run... she payed me back by making her mark on old righty there :)


No comments:

Post a Comment