Monday, August 14, 2017

Race Recap: 2017 Mines of Spain Trail Race 1/2 Marathon

Another great year at the Mines of Spain trail race!

I always look forward to running this race, this is such a great course and well put on event!  It also doesn't hurt it's literally in my backyard haha.  This year again, for the 3rd year I've ran the half was about as perfect weather as you could get on an August day in Iowa.  The course was slightly damaged from some pretty brutal storms that came through this summer but the crew did a great job of last minute prepping and marking of any bad areas.  I ran this at a pretty easy pace this year without any grand expectations to PR and most importantly trying not to hurt myself less than a month out from my next marathon.  The strategy paid off as I had a great time meeting people along the trails and finished the half without a single trip or fall.  I look forward to coming back next year and pushing the pace a bit to see what I can do but no matter the time you always have a great run when you are in the mines!

Happy Running!






No comments:

Post a Comment